Sunday, July 29, 2007

Welcome to the Blog of Burgher Jon

I have actually been blogging for a while, but have chosen to refocus my blogging efforts on the politics and economy of Pittsburgh. In order to facilitate my major shift in focus I brought this new blog in to existence. I will cease posting to Nittany Burgh Blog and focus on bringing the world (that's you) a view of the politics and economy of Pittsburgh through the eyes of a young professional. The reason I have chosen this focus comes from two realizations about my potential value to the blogosphere.
  1. I'm not as funny as PittGirl or Tunesmith and Anthony, this won't stop me from pointing out humor when I see it. I'm also not as knowledgeable about Pittsburgh's Sports as thePensBlog or MondesisHouse, which won't stop me from pointing out the occasional sports issue.
  2. I'm not as smart or as extensively educated as Mike Maddison, Jim Russell or Chris Briem. However, I do have the unique perspective of a concerned citizen of Pittsburgh who is not connected to an ivory tower or politics (beyond being an active voter). I have scoured the web for a blog about the economics and/or politics of Pittsburgh that is written from such a "layman" perspective and have found none. Consequently, I will attempt to fill that niche.

I hope that my posts can bring about a level of awareness and informed activity to other people who are concerned about Pittsburgh and its future.

No comments: