Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Linkless Sour Kraut

I had a few reflections that require no links. So consider this a little Sour Kraut without the fries.
  • About my anonymity, or lack thereof. I had linked over to Blog Lebo and had posted a comment there. The comment was later removed because I do not give out my name and Blog Lebo has a policy of only accepting comments from people who state their name. I have no issue with the policy and wrote Mike an email that I respect it, an email I signed with my real name. I also wanted to be clear about why I'm anonymous or at least not public about my identity. I am only anonymous because I have found it's in my best interest for my employer, any potential employers and random stalkers to not be able to do a quick Google search on my name and find out that I blog regularly, am a democrat and find the details of any other random stance I take. That being said, I'm really only concerned about people knowing who I am without me knowing they know. Most of my friends and family and even some of my colleagues are aware of my blog and there's nothing here that I wouldn't gladly repeat in public. If you really want to know who I am, I'm not holding any secrets, just email me and I will be happy to introduce myself. I'll just ask that you don't link myself and Burgher Jon anywhere Google crawls to.
  • No one should be allowed to whine about Pittsburgh Traffic until they've been to Atlanta. I am currently writing this post from my client's office because I do not have the slightest inclination to be on the road to my hotel between 4pm and 6:30pm. I arrived here on Sunday night at 8:30 and there was bumper to bumper traffic for a two mile stretch from the airport to the hotel. BUMPER TO BUMPER AT 8:30 ON SUNDAY NIGHT. Atlanta is a great case study in the dangers of building a big city without maintaining and improving public transportation.
  • I'm feeling guilty about being in Georgia on election day. I was supposed to be in Pittsburgh, but I found out on Friday last week that my presence was required down here. So if you are reading this post over dinner and haven't voted yet... do me a favor and get out there and vote for Barack.

Nate McLouth's hit streak is at 19 games, but the Buccos are officially the last place team in the NL Central.

No comments: