- My HS Gym Teacher makes $83,483.00 per year. If memory serves he doesn't even coach anything. Two thoughts. 1) Why the hell am I working so hard? 2) Be careful what you wish for when you say the way to improve education is higher teachers salaries. Did you know there are 10 MATH (as opposed to gym) teachers in the Pittsburgh Public schools with MASTERS degrees (as opposed to bachelor's degrees) and not one of them makes that much? AHHHHH, you may see a rant on this later.
- Barack Obama won Texas somehow. I mean I know how, because I'm a loser who follows such things, but I should be able to explain it to my friends without using calculus.
- The 2 Political Junkies bring us this little tidbit. I'd comment, but my head hurts.
[Governor Rendell] went on [Fox News] this morning and first said, "During this entire primary coverage starting in Iowa and up to the present, Fox has done the fairest job, has remained the most objective of all the cable networks. You hate both our candidates, no I'm only kidding." And unfortunately he did not stop at, "I'm only kidding." Going on to tell the Fox Noise people that, "You actually have done a very balanced job of reporting the news."
- Our French friend, Pierre found a few quotes that adequately sum up what it is to be a buccos fan.
- In spite of Nate McClouth and Jason Bay and Matt Capps and Damaso Marte the Braves lost the Pirates' opener. I'd like to say the Pirates won, but that's just not true.
- Brian O'Neill of the Post-Gazette (who I think is the shit because he occasionally makes an appearance as Stat Geek) had a good recap of "Car Wars"
- As Stat Geek he might point out that Xavier Nady is on pace to hit 324 home runs this season.