Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sour Kraut

Having spent as much time as I did looking in to the debt problem this morning it left little time for these equally worthy nuggets. So I provide them here in rapid succession, I think it's a particularly juicy kraut:
  • Chad Hermann still doesn't get it. Not everyone who blogs is attempting to do so with the authority, eloquence and frankly arrogance that you do. Some people, including the guys at Pensblog do it for their amusement and the amusement of those around them.
  • Bram thinks Dan Onorato is in trouble. Which makes me ponder three things... First, if the merger is just a political move it's a shame. Second, is Dan really as bad as the Burghosphere makes him out to be? Third, wouldn't having a governor who's a pittsburgher be a good thing, should we assasinate with words our only real candidate?
  • PittGirl tags "Street Artists" I enjoy PittGirl's posts as much as anyone else and this is one of her better issue rants.
  • Chris Briem gives THE BEST WRAPUP OF LAMARGATE yet. He asks the really pressing question, what is going to be the result of all of this? I think he's right to guess that it's going to be bad for everone involved. What started as mostly the mayor's problem now just makes all of city government seem petty. When I try to explain the situation to less politically active people their eyes glaze over in boredom just before they roll with disgust at local government. There's also video of the fateful day in city council.
  • My Blon'n'at has the best pic I've seen yet of my new favorite Mike Langism, "Polish up your shoes, we're going dancing with Lord Stanley!"

No comments: