Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sour Kraut

I'm back, and back small. A measly three sour kraut links, that you've probably already seen. The blog is suffering from neglect as life (both professional and personal) has been a little crazy. I should be back in the rhythm later this week. Anyway, without further adieu...
  • Great post from Two Political Junkies breaking down the local response to Clinton's Kennedy comment. Since nobody asked me, all I think she meant to do was point to another democratic race that lasted in to June. I think she was probably hoping to use a race that everyone would remember, unfortunately she and her staff did a poor job considering why/how we remember that race. In her defense, I think one of the reasons that national politics is what it is, is because SOOO many people read more in to it then was stated in the quote.
  • Char's post with the Dowd interview. Every thing's been said about it. Except this, he sure sounds like a mayor doesn't he? Wouldn't it be nice to see a mayor that recognized the value of the Burghosphere?
  • Any time Harold Miller makes a post, it's worth taking at least a scan over. This one about the drink tax and taxation in general was particularly good. Even if you don't read the whole thing, it's worth noting that there's a lot more to the drink tax issue then either Onorato's version ("If you take it back I have to raise property taxes") or the bars' version ("He wants us all to go out of business and you to have to drink by yourself").

That's all for today, as always, I'll try to do better tomorrow.

No comments: