- The Pirates drafted yesterday, they took Jason Alverez in the first round and will likely take 2-4 years to prepare him for the big leagues. He is older then Sydney Crosby who has 3 seasons under his belt, is captain of the team and nearly won a championship.
- Gary Roberts (42 - 5/23/1966) is older then any two of Evgeni Malkin (21 - 7/31/1986), Sidney Crosby (20 - 8/7/1987), Jordan Stall (19 9/10/1988), Tyler Kennedy (21 - 7/31/1986) and Kris Letang (21 - 4/27/1987).
- I (25 - 5/16/1983) am older then 7 Penguins. Damn, I'm old.
- Crosby and Stall couldn't have had champagne if they'd won the cup. (At least until they got back to their native Canada).
- The Penguins don't have a single center iceman who was born in 1980 or before. Max Talbot is the oldest at 27 (2/5/1981). If he leaves in the offseason, I would be the oldest center iceman on the Pens.
- I also noticed, only three players from the pens are under 6'0" and only 3 players are below 200 lbs. That's a lot of hockey player.
1 year ago