Monday, June 2, 2008

Sour Kraut

There's quite a bit since I have been negligent for a couple days, so buckle in and enjoy:
  • I like Gina Carano (Crush from American Gladiators who also is a Mixed Martial Artist). However, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be in a relationship with someone who could kill me that easilly. I know, that's random and I don't normally get so off topic... but I was just discussing it with a colleauge and thought I'd share.
  • The Pens have been down in a series 3-1 before and come back to win it... On the way to their second cup.
  • Chris Briem is right, not enough is said about how well Pittsburgh is represented in the field of nucleur science. It's an important skill for the 21st century that Pittsburgh leads the nation (and most of the world in). I'm not sure we want to be the nucleur city instead of the steel city, but we should still be bragging more.
  • Apparently I'm one of the people that has missed this for weeks after it became news. The hottest thing in Japanese Music, is a Pittsburgher.
  • My old HS (Mt. Lebonan) kicked some ass.
  • I was going to do a whole post on this clip from Bob Mayo, but I've run out of time. The clip shows Ravenstahl getting edgy in defense of his publically funded car and fuel and body guards in Detroit. I think the most important thing is that Mayor Bob O'Conner didn't take any body guards or a city car to the superbowl in Detroit a few years back. Was Luke in any more danger then Bob? Certainly, as a Pittsburgher I would expect my mayor at the superbowl more then games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

1 comment:

Burgher Jon said...

Ya, I failed to spell the name of my old HS correctly. A HUGE thanks to the person that pointed it out so quickly.

Mt. Lebanon.