Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Bad Mood

I'm in a bad mood and I'll tell you why (because I'm a blogger and that's what I do):
  • City Council hasn't done anything productive in months and it's beginning to turn from aggrevating to sad.
  • Everybody is down on Patrick Dowd and I had big hopes for the man. As of right now it looks like no one is going to pose a credible challenge to the mayor. I don't hate the mayor as much as some of my fellow bloggers, but I think all politicians should have enough credible challengers to keep them on their toes.
  • Everyone's whining about how old Joe is and the season hasn't even started yet.
  • ESPN ranked Penn State the 185th best college basketball program in the country.
  • The closer you look at the city's pension debt the more you want to cry.
  • The Pirates suck. Can't we just waive a white flag and wait for next year. Is it really necessary to embarrass ourselves for 2 more months?

Ok, I'm done bitching. Time to kick a little ass at work, and wait for better news to come up.

1 comment:

Mark Rauterkus said...

I'm excited because the Olympics are about to begin -- and I'm going.

I'm excited because the citiparks swim meet is Saturday, and I'm going.

I'm excited because they didn't cancel this year's Great Race to cause a fuss with suburban folks.

I'm excited because the bar / tavern / pub owners, workers, patrons are pissed enough to make a petition challenge.

I'm excited because the Ds on County Council won't have closed door meetings as a regular part of their business.

I'm excited because Tom Corbitt is doing his job.

Those other things you mention are sad, however.

Rauterkus Rule #1: Don't burn out! Hang in there.