Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Burghosphere All-Stars Come to The Blog

Two of the all-stars of the Burghoshpere, Judge Rufus Peckham and Mark Rauterkus left comments on my blog last night. Which made me EXTREMELY excited when I checked my inbox. Unfortunately, they both were disagreeing with posts.
  • If you're a regular reader then you doubtlessly noticed that I called out Pekham's Carbolic Smoke Ball yesterday for what I felt was a larger then fair number of shots at Obama (link to both the post and the Judge's response). The Judge showed me more respect then I could have imagined he had for this blog by crafting an eloquent response. I just wanted to be clear, to my readers and the judge, I wouldn't stop reading the CSB if it were nothing but Obama Shots, they're THAT funny (after all I still read TWM because he's THAT good of a writer). I intended the post more as a public letter to the editor of a newspaper that I read frequently, asking for a slight change in coverage when it is convienient. I hope nobody at CSB or any of my readers over-reacted. I'd still vote for the Judge for President!!!
  • Mark Rauterkus, the well respected Liberterian and Blogger, tried to cheer me up after last week's "Bad Mood" post (link to post and comment). I just wanted to assure Mark and my readers, even in my bad moods I look for ways to correct the course and I whole heartedly agree with Mark's Rule #1 "Don't Burn Out! Hang in There!".

Thank you both for your comments and to the others that read this blog, I know you're out there I can see you on Google Analytics, leave a comment! Even the ones that disagree make my day.

4 comments:

Mark Rauterkus said...

Did I disagree? Really?

Thanks for the link.

Chad said...

Thanks for the kind words, Burgher Jon, about both the blogs into which I pour my heart and soul and, yes, well-established skepticism -- or is that disdain? -- for Senator Obama.

I agree, of course, with the comments my esteemed colleague made in your previous post; we like to be funny and topical, and the best way to do that is to go after the big stories. If we go after Obama a lot -- and we do -- then your complaint must also extend to the mainstream media.

As you may have noticed, they like to follow the guy around and file a report every time he exhales. If they stopped doing that, we'd have far less ammunition for our satirical shots.

Tim Murray said...

Mark R. and Chad on the same thread?!

I think this is one of the "signs" predicted in the Book of Revelations, and the world might be ending.

Burgher Jon said...

I bought an extra case of canned food just in case. I think it's a good sign for my blog. Most of the time I'm probably going to disagree with both Chad and Mark, but hopefully the level of discourse is high enough here that we can all feel comfortable commenting in this space, particularly when the future of our beloved Burgh is being discussed.