Monday, July 21, 2008

What You Missed - Sour Kraut

I didn't blog on Friday, but it's not going to be hard to bring you up to speed on the happenings of the last several days:
  • Joe Paterno didn't say anything new about quitting (instead using the same line Gene Collier remembers him using in 1978).
  • City Council decided not to have a meaningful discussion with the City Solicitor about Billboardgate.
  • The Pirates have not traded Nady or Wilson. They did manage to drop 4 straight games to a team that used to have a worse record though.
  • Training camp did not open, yet.
  • The Pensblog guys were so stimulated they decided to publish the yawnblog.

I know, I've never needed a cup of coffee more in my life.

2 comments:

Bram Reichbaum said...

Jon - I would not say they declined to have a "meaningful" discussion with the solicitor. They decided to have a closed-door discussion. It was held this morning. I don't know anything about it yet. Indications ... I'll whisper this out on this blog ... was that the subject matter was to be, "You know, George, you're skating pretty close to a vote of No Confidence if you don't start being useful."

Burgher Jon said...

Bram's right I probably went just a tad too far (I was exaggerating to go with the theme). By having the meeting behind closed doors they did manage to do what City Government does best lately... spark more controversy (with those of us that like a little sunshine) without solving the original controversy.

Thanks for the comment Bram, and the teaser.