Thursday, August 7, 2008

Who the Hell is Jeff Karstens?


I'm a huge Pirates fan. I've been to 15 or 20 games this year (in spite of the fact that I'm only in Pittsburgh 3 days per week). I love the Pirates and I follow them every year until I'm positive they aren't going to make the playoffs (that was the day they traded Nady this year). I know pretty much every player on the 40 man roster and most of the key prospects. Which is why when I hoped over to Buc's Dugout this morning and saw Jeff Karstens pitched a no-hitter in to the eighth yesterday. I was even more surprised to learn that he did it in a Pirates' uniform.

Then I continued reading Bucs Dugout and noticed that Charlie also points out that 20 of the players on the 40 man roster are new since the new GM took over (a little less then a year ago). That's crazy. Based on the bargain basement pick-ups of Jason Michaels and PittGirl's Husband Doug Mientkiewicz, I'm going to assume this guy knows how to scout talent. Furthermore I assume we're less then three years from a World Series Title.

No comments: