Monday, September 1, 2008

Burn the Jolly Roger

I went to the Pirate Game yesterday, and it didn't take the little tiff with my girlfriend to depress me. Watching the Pirates lose their 10th in a row was more then enough. Here (mostly from this PG article), are the reasons it makes me want to jump off a bridge with Dave Littlefield:
  • This is only the second 10+ game losing streak in the 40 year history of the Pirates.
  • 4 runs in their last 4 games.
  • 22 games below .500
  • We rank dead last in the National League in ERA, Batting Average Against, OPS Against, WHIP AND Quality Starts.
  • In batting average Xavier Nady leads the team and Jason Bay is in second, neither of which are still playing for the team.
  • We are 27.5 games back of the central division lead meaning we are ALREADY mathematically eliminated.

Can the Steelers start the season today and allow me to stop thinking about this?

No comments: