- WHYGAVS gives an overview of the 10 September callups. If you have some tickets to see the Pirates left, these might give you something to watch.
- Hilarious Deer Abby style letter. Who says the Angry Drunk Bureaucrat is not compassionate?
- On the topic of Sarah Palin, I got one commenter who was displeased with my post yesterday. Please note a slight change in my language in the comments.
- Still on Sarah Palin, I saw a Fox News report last night where the commentator said it was unfair to use Palin's pregnant 17 year old to criticize the governor's "Abstinence Only" philosophy to Sex Education. I think that's ridiculous. I think it's inappropriate to use her daughter's pregnancy to call her "immoral" or "unfit to be President", but it certainly is fair game when it comes to Sex Education. On the counter argument, I would think it would be appropriate to criticize any Bill Clinton authority on "Family Values."
- Last thing on Palin, The City Hall where Palin was Mayor (from 2PJ).
- The referendums are dead (Burgh Report has the breakdown from the major news sources and blogs). I agree with this completely. If you don't like the drink tax then make it a major issue and elect new county councilors and a new county executive. We can't make every issue a referendum, we have representatives for a reason.
- Chris Briem's been watching the news out of Vallejo and he informs us the decision is approaching on their bankruptcy. If you dare, take a close look at the chart Briem provides, it is SCARY.
That's all the news that's fit to print.