Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This Sour Kraut Tastes Funny

Some exceedingly random links and thoughts on this slow news day:
  • I'm aware that I have done a lot of kraut lately. I've been so busy with trying to orchestrate quiting my current job, starting my new one and moving that it's been difficult to keep up with the news let alone create original thought. I'll try to do better.
  • The Bureaucrat has a modest proposal for the Pirates. You should read it, I'm not sure it's practical, but it's very creative.
  • Since I'm moving to Charlotte I found it interesting the Penn State Nation is trying to organize like the Steeler Nation.
  • I got the chance last night to walk through the nation's capital last night. I don't mean just checking out a couple things either, I did the whole bit (without going in any buildings). I followed this path (warning google maps was not a big fan of the number of destinations I put in so it loads slowly). It was a 3.5 hour, 9.2 mile reminder that there is a LOT of power stored here and has been for quite some time.
  • Lastly, the Slovakian Women's Hockey team narrowly escaped the Bulgaria 82-0. Yes, you read that right.

No comments: